Sunday, May 15, 2022

Alpha Pegasi

 


Some musicians start out as shy, self-conscious, social misfits who only later bloom into passionate, creative, and confident people. Mitch Melodia is one of them.

 

After playing hundreds of shows, performing at festivals, and recording with numerous bands in New England, he moved West and started his own “band” Alpha Pegasi. For his project’s upcoming releases, hundreds of original songs were distilled into a select few for a four-part series of EPs. The first one, titled Love Sex Money Part I is due for release on 8/26/22. The first single from LSM I, "Give Some, Get Some," was released on 4/20/22.

 

“Making Music, Making Love, Making Money is probs gonna be the title of my future autobiography," Mitch says. "Personally, those are three of the most important things I feel like I can do to have a very happy, healthy, wealthy, and fulfilling lifestyle. The more money I earn, the more money I can give. And for the first two, well, they're pretty really great to be able to do."

 

A cohesive blend of danceable, sexy, and upbeat grooves come together for a tasty rock/pop/alternative stew. Influences run from Jam-band giants like Phish, the Grateful Dead, and the Allman Brothers Band, classic rock, and more pop approaches like Tame Impala, Beck, Arcade Fire, Talking Heads, and the funkier side of Khruangbin. 

 

“Alpha Pegasi has a Tame Impala-ish approach in the studio and a Phish-ish mentality for live shows,” he says. “Improvisation is a staple of every show but when recording, I keep it concise. It’s fun for me to play and arrange every instrument on record, but I’m also stoked for future collaborations with other musicians on AP studio songs.”

 

Beyond creating incredible and fun-fused music, Mitch also aims to work with non-profits and health-based organizations. A main financial focus for Alpha Pegasi is to donate 5% of all profits to groups like San Diego EarthWorks. Mitch aspires to use his music and art as a vehicle to support environmental and health-improving causes, including mental-health practices.

 

“I’ve had a few therapists over the years to get help with personal issues,” he recalls. “Every counselor has been very helpful, but sessions can be expensive. Down the road, I want to create Alpha Health to make holistic based mental-health programs more accessible and affordable.”

 

In these twisted and trying times, Love Sex Money Part I offers glimmers of light, enjoyment, and good vibes. “Through the music I make, I want to bring people together and create an ever-growing community through great shows and great music. Through such a community, we can raise a lot of money and support for non-profits who do a lot of good work for people and the planet.”

 

 https://alphapegasimusic.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment