Saturday, March 26, 2022

Sam Watkins

 

 


 

From the age of 10 music has been a very powerful force in my life. I cut my teeth on the music of Elvis Presley and Randy Travis. I learned the guitar and began writing at age 11. My first performance guitar was a Fender acoustic I got when I was 15. My best friend in high school, was real big on Garth Brooks and Chris Ledoux. Together we entered a talent show. We got 2nd place but had a lot of fun and wanted badly to keep doing it! My first time stage was in 1993, a year after “Pure Country” came out and I had already learned most of George Strait’s older songs. It was my dream to play Honky Tonk and Western Swing music and my writing already reflected that. I sang “I Cross My Heart” and, seeing the reaction of the crowd, I knew in my heart that this was where I belonged. The Summer of 2008 was a major turning point in my life, because that was when I met and partnered with my wife Tina Watkins in Austin, Texas. I was playing my guitar at a coffee shop when a man sat down to next to me. He told me he was about to propose to his girlfriend and asked if I could write a song for him that would make her say “Yes!”. I immediately began to write a short, but sweet little song for them and sang it as he got down on one knee. Tina heard the song and approached me about working together. It’s been the best decision I’ve ever made! I played solo gigs for a year or two, recorded an album, and in 2010 began to create my band. My first CD “Has Anybody Seen Me?” was created in late 2007. The 9th song on the CD, “Baby Girl”, sparked a huge response from mothers all over the U.S. and in other countries as well. It is currently used by many MySpace folks and is a symbol of hope for families who have lost a child or are currently searching for their lost loved ones. Other popular songs are the title track which will be featured on the full band CD “Fate Train” currently being recorded. Also popular are “Dusty Old Town”, “Fate Train”, “After All These Beers” (which is being revised for the new album). Sam Watkins & Fate Train look forward to playing in a town near you real soon!

 

https://itnsradio.com/sam-watkins

No comments:

Post a Comment