Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Mauricio Yrivarren


Madrid-based singer-songwriter Mauricio Yrivarren aka Binary Drift releases the uplifting pop/rock Christmas single "Smile". "Smile" is the third single of Binary Drift's second album "Mortido". According to Mauricio, 'Smile is a Rock/Pop song that captures the excitement of living life at its fullest, without any fears, as long as you have love in your heart. I went through a period where I hadn’t realized that happiness had always been there for the taking. Looking back, I think it was a side effect of the Covid pandemic and the lockdowns. Shortly after the confinement restrictions were lifted in Madrid, the line 'the joy of being alive / no one’s got the right to take it back' popped into my head. It felt as if the universe had sent it for me to use as the foundation for a song.'

No comments:

Post a Comment