Monday, August 15, 2022

Marco Luponero & The Loud Ones

 


 

Finnish hard rockers Marco Luponero & The Loud Ones return with the second single from their upcoming debut album. ”I would describe ‘The New Dark Ages‘ as a straightforward punk rock banger with a strong message”, says Marco. 

”I wrote it while reflecting on the current state of the world.”

In spirit of the track’s title, the band collaborated with Frank Berger of folk music act Ratatosk, who brought some true medieval flair to the song with the help of a hurdy-gurdy. ”It’s a fascinating instrument. It has a massive sound, at times very reminiscent of a bag pipe”.

The hurdy-gurdy has a rich history and is associated with several different parts of the world, perfectly fitting for Marco’s original idea. ”I knew I wanted the song to have some Old Norse flair, but I also wanted the sound to resonate with other cultures, because that’s what I was after lyrically, as well. The basic message is that no matter who we are and where we’re from, one thing is for sure: If we succumb to ignorance and fundamentalism, we’re on a dark path.

 https://marcoluponero.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment